Friday, January 15, 2010

Featured Magazine Carving

Happy news! I just started a new carving that will be featured in the Fall edition of a Fox Chapel magazine. They are the publishers of both Woodcarving Illustrated and Scrollsaw Woodcarving & Crafts.

My carvings have been previously featured in both magazines, and now they've asked me to do a full tutorial on the special techniques I use to get three layers of depth in a blank that is only one quarter inch thick.

I'm honored and delighted to have the opportunity to share the how-to with more folks. Tutorials from previous carvings can be found on this blog, but they don't show the secret technique for creating the depth. You'll have to wait for the magazine for that.

Be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed for this blog to be notified when the magazine comes out and to get other tricks and tips for my carvings.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: